How will I know if my piano is out of tune and already needs tuning?
In general, when your piano is not producing a clear sound, or you hear multiple sound when pressing just one key at a time specially in the middle register and high register of the piano, your piano already needs tuning. If you are not sure, you can consult Pro Piano Tuner for FREE by doing the following steps:
- Record your piano by pressing and holding one key for about 3 seconds at a time using your mobile phone.
- Send us an email with the recorded sound attached to email@example.com
- Make sure the email contains your mobile phone number so we can contact you personally with urgent matters regarding your piano.
How often should I tune my piano?
- The are a couple of variable that needs to be considered in order to determine the frequency of piano tuning needed for your piano. The condition and status of your piano, the work load of the piano (how often it is played), and the weather changes that your piano is exposed to are some of those variables.
- If your piano is a house piano “a piano in your home that is played regularly”, and is still in good condition, it is recommended that you have your piano tuned every 3 months at the least to avoid unchecked advanced wear and tear and to make sure that your piano is always in good condition and is in standard tuning all the time.
- If your piano is a commercial piano “a piano used commercially as a hotel, or bar piano”, which is used and played everyday and has a heavier work load, it is recommended that you have your piano tuned and serviced every 2 months.